Compliance Officer (MLRO)
About Pearse Trust part of Hawksford
With nearly 500 professionals across 12 locations, our clients are at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to making every interaction meaningful and productive, and this is the case for all of our institutional, entrepreneurial, and high-net-worth clients across the globe. We help families to take care of their wealth, entrepreneurs to succeed, multinational companies to operate and transact, and funds to maximise their returns.
Hawksford is an international provider of corporate and trust services. We provide a range of advisory services including trusts, legal, tax & VAT, banking, company secretarial, accounting, incorporations and compliance.
We are currently recruiting a Compliance Officer who will also take on the responsibility of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to work in either our Dublin or Belfast office. The successful candidate will manage the AML function to include assisting in managing general compliance risk, advising and consulting on all regulatory matters.
This role will suit an ambitious individual who enjoys a challenging role and has a keen interest in the compliance and regulatory environment. The role will be part of a large team of Group-wide compliance professionals supporting each other in discharging their local responsibilities.
• To act as Compliance Officer and MLRO of the board.
• Manage the overall compliance strategy by assisting the Board manage Compliance and Risk frameworks, committees, working groups and policy management.
• Assist the Board with strategic projects, which may be global in nature, and will drive process improvements throughout the organisation aligning outcomes with business goals.
• Serve as liaison between the GRC function and other business functions and build relationships to ensure productive collaboration on the development and implementation of Compliance and Risk policies and processes.
• Ensure effective relationships are maintained with Regulators through liaising with local teams, advisors and the Regulators directly.
• To advise and train the Board of Directors and other staff in the company on compliance matters, issues and processes as required and to be a point of contact to offer advice and guidance as requested by client-facing staff within the business.
• Perform a key person role of MLRO and CO.
• Supporting the business in relation to AML regulatory requirements.
• Reviewing/developing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with existing and forthcoming regulations.
• Managing the onboarding process ensuring both regulatory compliance and client requirements are satisfied including signing off on all new client files.
• Managing the risk based review of all client files for AML compliance purposes.
• Providing detailed Reporting to the board on a regular basis and advising on compliance issues.
• Responsibility for reviewing and, where relevant, reporting suspicious activity/transaction made by members of staff.
• Providing training to all personnel in compliance with AML regulatory requirements.
• Engaging with regulatory authorities as required.
• Supervising junior team members in delivering AML compliance services to the business.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Five to seven years of relevant experience in financial services industry
• Professional compliance qualification or suitable business qualification
• Solid knowledge of AML legal requirements aligned to current regulations
• Client Onboarding experience
• Regulatory/Compliance experience together Risk Management and/or Governance experience
• Ability to manage complexity in a global environment
• Proven experience managing and developing people
• Strong business process understanding
• Professional attitude
• Challenging but pragmatic mindset
• Able to convince Board and senior management of need to change
• Friendly welcoming character, able to empathise with client team pressures • See big picture despite consuming high level of data
• Attention to detail, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, self-starter, and an ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines will be attributes of paramount importance
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com.